we are incredibly exited to have your child with us in church! Our Bible stories this month are about people who talked to God.
- -Hannah (1 Samuel 1:2-28)
- -Elijah (1 Kings 18:1-46)
- -Daniel (Daniel 6:1-10)
- -Jesus Christ (Matthew 4:23-25; 5:1; 6:5-13)
The teachers will say these and other Bible phrases as they talk with your child:
- God hears me. Psalm 66:19
- Talk to God. Matthew 6:6
- God helps me. Psalm 91:15
- We thank you, God.Psalm 75:1
- Jesus Christ talked to God. Luke 5:16
YOU are your child’s most important and effective teacher. You can teach your child to pray by:
- Setting an example of praying without ceasing. (1 Thess. 5:17)
- Singing praises to God.
- Cultivating an attitude of gratefulness for God’s blessings.
- Leading your child to say simple prayer sentences using her own words.
- Saying spontaneous “Thank You, God, for…” prayers.
- Modeling prayer for others and about decisions.
- Setting and atmosphere where praying is just as natural as eating or breathing because God is always listening.
We are praying for you and your family.